Anteaters Against Alzheimer’s (AAA) Course
Anteaters Against Alzheimer’s (AAA) is a training and community outreach initiative of the UC Irvine Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (UCI ADRC) and Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders (UCI MIND). AAA is a 1 year UC Irvine BIO197 course for undergraduates that is designed to:
Check back in the 2022/23 academic year for a link to apply.
Training / Evaluation (In-person and online)
- Basics of AD
- State of AD research
- Tour of Clinical trial program/ADRC clinic
- UCI ADRC/UCI MIND background and initiatives
- Public speaking 101
- Public speaking workshop
Outreach and Education
- Accompany faculty, staff, and volunteers at community education events, helping enroll volunteers in the research studies
- Visit senior centers, grocery stores, beauty salons and other community venues in an effort to recruit diverse adults to the UCI C2C Registry
- Deliver community lectures on ADRD and the need for research participation.
- Support research and recruitment efforts